Campus COVID-19 Policies and Guiding Principles
These policies reflect current recommendations of the CDC, direction from state government, guidance from health department officials and the counsel of our own START team of health scientists and clinicians.
- We will preserve the mission we’ve held for more than 150 years.
- The health, safety and well-being of our campus community will always be top priorities.
- We will continue, as a priority, a return to safe and normal operations.
- We must position UK to thrive as we emerge from this crisis.
- At each step, we pledge to communicate with the campus clearly and transparently.
Vaccines and Masks
Vaccines are are strongly encouraged but not mandated. We will continue to monitor this issue and change plans, if necessary, to ensure the health and safety of our campus.
Masks are required in classrooms during classes, in laboratories, in offices and meeting rooms and in health care settings, regardless of an individual’s vaccination status.
Testing and Tracing
As of Monday, April 4, unvaccinated individuals are no longer required to be tested weekly for COVID-19. This does not apply to UK HealthCare employees who fall under the CMS mandate. Testing is available at no cost to all members of the community at various on-campus locations.
Contact Tracing and Quarantine
UK Health Corps continues to conduct contact tracing for all individuals who test positive for COVID-19 or are exposed to the virus. Information on contact tracing and quarantine is available at the link below.
The health and well-being of our community are our top priorities. As in the past, the university will provide isolation and quarantine housing for students who are exposed to or test positive for COVID-19.